Monday 26 July 2010

MACABRE MONDAYS

Oh yes Oh yes..... OH YES! If there was ever a design team for me.... this has to be it! and here i am on MACABRE MONDAYS 1st DT....THANK YOU BARB for asking me.... i am honoured, honest i am.
So on to this weeks challenge which is APPALLING ARACHNIDS.
Personally i love spiders.... and wont let anyone squish 'em at my house.... and what could be more beautiful than a spiders web with dew on, in the 1st light of morning?
I have altered a tiny tin using alcohol inks and a wonderful spider stamp from SMEARED INK http://www.smearedink.com/ its from their 'Killer bo peep' set.

The tin was coloured, then i stamped and heat embossed the spider..............................
then i coloured the spider with alcohol ink........... 3x coats of vanish to seal it, then what to put in it?



What could be better than spider earrings?


I love making my own jewelry ....so i made these earrings, using black chains, purple beads, tibetan silver beads and spider charms.
I tore some purple crepe paper to put inside the tin to protect them and thats it...job done.
Come and play along with us this week at MACABRE MONDAYS..... the MINIONS and Barb our MASTER are super talented, check 'em out!






I shall also enter my tin for the SMEARED INK CHALLENGE this week.... which is to use any of their stamps to make anything you want....... the dead-line for submission is wednesday and voting is usually thursday and fridays..... please go over and vote..... i'd like your vote but there might be something much better than mine so vote for that...... we would all really apprieciate being voted for.
Thanks for visiting me today...... love lynx




13 comments:

  1. Totally stunning work Lynn.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo seriously amazing!!!! I'm off to Chicago ladies! Miss you all already! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow amazing but not a chance i'd wear them Lynn they are my stuff of nightmares!!!!!! but you are good, luv georginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Lyn. You make the most amazing creations, a super-talented lady. Love the colours too.
    Congratulations on your DT appointment. Thoroughly deserved and you will be ACE. Well done.
    Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fan-freakin'-tastic!!! I love this... and what a great giftie idea... ahem... ahem...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your containers always look special and this is fantastic.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x
    p.s. congratulations on making the team, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Congratulations on joining the team and yep if ever a time was made for you this one is it xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absoultely stunning! The tin is gorgeous,but those earrings are to die for!
    Just for the record, my birthday is coming up next month - before Barb's!
    Makes me have to step up my game and be more creative! Thanks for the inspiration and the beautiful eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lynx, your talent is amazing!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Alex,
    I haven't blogged this summer but took some time to blog hop yesterday and missed seeing your name on the list! Wanted to let you know that I'm headed right over to cast my vote for your project!

    Girl, you are so talented and you've got an amazing imagination! Your jewelry is too cool! I'm learning to make Steampunk jewelry and will post it when I get a piece finished--come over and visit me !

    Missed talking to you! Hope everything is going good and everyone is well! Good luck with the S & S Challenge!

    Have a great evening!
    Kym

    ReplyDelete