Monday 25 March 2013

SMUDGY ANTICS NEW CHALLENGE



A fortnight has passed and it is time for another challenge with Smudgy Antics.
  We want to see you ladies and gents make a COLOURFUL project WITHOUT using coloured pencils or markers of any kind.  That's right!
 NO COLOURED PENCILS OR MARKERS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED.
Are you stumped?  It really isn't that hard once you start thinking outside of the box and
 are willing to give different techniques a try.

You can paint with acrylics, oils, water colours, inks, or even perfect pearls.  
If you are not into the painting thing, you can give pastels or paper piecing a try.  Heck, you can even use your own blood, but I don't really recommend that unless you're doing a small project like an ATC, an inchie, or a twinchie :D
This is a 5 1/2 inch by 11'' canvas. I used acrylic paints.
The main image is a digital image from SMEARED INK 
printed onto tissue and adhered to the canvas after the first layer
of paint had dried. I then used URBAN DECAY RUBBER STAMPS again from
SMEARED INK but only available if you join the RUBBER CLUB and randomly stamped in paint over my background.... i highlighted bits when it had all dried with cream acrylic paint.
The numbers and words were done with stencils.
Hope you'll give this challenge ago this fortnight.... it was a lot of messy fun!
Thanks for visiting BDx
I'd like to enter my canvas into the following challenges.....
MY TIME TO CRAFT...GOTHIC
LEFT OF CENTRE ....LOC OR PUNCH IT OUT
MAKE IT MONDAY...ANYTHING GOES LINKY PARTY

12 comments:

  1. WoWza - that is soooo awesome !! I would love to try printing onto tissue - never tried it. Would it work in a laser printer ???
    Superb background on there and this is one stunning piece BD :-D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love the background you have created! Really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and love the colouring! It is intense and loving in a wild way. Very inventive

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous piece of art, I love how you've added all of the different laters to build up the texture and colours. Thank you for playing along with us at Left of center xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so awed this is magnificent.Love the building block you use and slap me why didn't I think of perfect pearls...stunning..and I love it.
    hugs
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. An awesome canvas. Love the image anyway and the different shades of red you used. Looks fab. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful artwork and colors. Visited from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours looks better than mine :( ;) lol
    great minds and all that, the first pic before I read on I thought you had done a tile too. I love the texture and details in the bg, the highlights really help make this pop. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Gothic creation. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #4, #207, #213, and #236.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and My Art... Healing The Soul.

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work, BD, it is a beautiful canvas. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Left of Center. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant work done here!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete